Review: Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part One (King #5) by T.M. Frazier

Posted on Wednesday, November 9, 2016 7:48 PM
0
5 "Bow Tie" Stars

Tittle:    Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part One
Author: T.M. Frazier
Series:   (King #5)

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | kobo | B&N | 


Bowtie...'till I DIE.

Samuel Clearwater, A.K.A Preppy, likes bowties, pancakes, suspenders, good friends, good times, good drugs, and a good f*ck.
He’s worked his way out from beneath a hellish childhood and is living the life he’s always imagined for himself. When he meets a girl, a junkie on the verge of ending it all, he’s torn between his feelings for her and the crippling fear that she could be the one to end the life he loves.
Andrea ‘Dre’ Capulet is strung out and tired.
Tired of living for her next fix. Tired of doing things that make her stomach turn. Tired of looking in the mirror at the reflection of the person she’s become. Just when she decides to end it all, she meets a man who will change the course of both their lives forever.
And their deaths.
For most people, death is the end of their story.
For Preppy and Dre, it was only the beginning…
That was....it was....I mean.....I didn't.....OMG I can't!!! How am I supposed to review this book when I'm not even sure what to think about it! I was sure as hell MIND-BLOWN!! Now what am I supposed to do?! Wait for PART TWO?! Yeah, easier said than done!!



So, before I started reading, I expected Preppy to have some of the dirtiest, sexiest, most disturbed scenes of all. And that's exactly what I got, if not more!! Isn't it soul-fullfilling to have a book be exactly as you wanted it to be?! I was constantly on edge, not knowing what the heck was gonna happen and the result was always satisfying. For me, that is!!

"I'll show him the Preppy special."
"What exactly is the Preppy special?" Bear asked.
I made the shape of a gun with my thumb and index finger.

"A bullet with a side of bow tie."
Samuel "Preppy" Clearwater comes across as what we call a psyco, but the good kind, if there ever was one! He's sweet, cute and "preppy" at first sight, but as soon as you start talking with him you realise how naive you can be sometimes! It's impossible not to fall in love with him, though. Because once he lets you see behind the mask, you'll discover how vulnerable, scared and broken he is! And that's what Andrea "Dre" Capulet sees!!

“His frustration, his sadness, his hurt, his desire, his anger, his confusion, but there was something else there. Something stronger. More powerful. More everything. Above all else, I felt his love.”
 Andrea "Dre" Capulet is first shown to us as a junkie!! She's desperate, weak, suicidal, scared and someone who has seen and survived enough evil and heartbreak. Enough to make her look at life as something pointless and a waste. Enter Samuel "Preppy" Clearwater! Before she even realises, she's captivated, body, heart and soul by someone who might as well belong in a psych ward. Along with her, that is, because she soon realises something else too. They might be the same after all!!

“You make me laugh, Preppy.”
“You make me confused as fuck, Doc, but I realized something today?”

“What’s that?”

“That we’re the same.”

“You want to be high? You can be high on me. You want to take the edge off? I’m gonna do just that, baby.”

 They both have demons of the past haunting them and while they both try to hide it and fight them with drugs and oblivion, they soon come to realise that they are each other's salvation! Only it's not that easy accepting that something so good could be theirs forever, when their past life is proof thay good things don't happen to good people!!
“He'd said he couldn't keep me. That didn't mean I wouldn't always be his .”
 Of course, even though this is a dark dark dark romance, we absolutely cannot escape Preppy's witt and charm!! It would't be Preppy otherwise!
“....That’s blackmail.”
“I know you’re upset but there’s no need to be racist.”

"Life's too short to pretend to be anyone else. I'm just me. I say what I want to fuckingsay. I do what I want to fucking do and I don't fucking apologize for it.
 I wholeheartendly enjoyed Preppy and I amd hands down sure I'm gonna read it again and again!! This book is definitely on of my favorites now!! T.M. Frazier gives life to her characters and if an author can do that then they should keep doing it, because I'm never gonna stop wanting more and more! I don't know what I would've done if she hadn't written Preppy. It's that good a book!! I think I've made my point! But just in case, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!! 
Sofia+Melina
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0