Her Best Worst Mistake

Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:36 PM
0

Her Best Worst Mistake 

By Sarah Mayberry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've read the book a week ago but I haven't been able to write my opinion because I've been busy studying for my school exams.It's the first book I read by Sarah Mayberry.

Her Best Worst Mistake is an amazing romance book written for those who appriciate romance.It is also a prequel to Hot Island Nights(I haven't read it yet but I'll sure try it)

Violet Sutcliffe isn't your casual rich girl but neither is Martin St Clair.Violet's best friend Elizabeth is about to marry Martin but when she finds out a long kept secret she calls off the wedding and travels straight to Australia.

That's where our adventure begins.Violet is impulsive but kind-hearted, enjoys ler life and wants to find happiness with a man who will underestand her and not judge her.Martin,on the other hand,is very ambitious and has already planned who his life will be.Although they are very different,they have chemistry and we detect that through their dialogues,the way they solve their problems and the way they manage to stay together dispate the obstacles.

When I picked up the book,I though it was going to be one of those books that the usual plot devices would be used as obstacles(pregnancy,self-sacrifice and misunderstandings) but *surprise surprise* they weren't.And I'm happy about this fact because I'm really tired of reading books that the main problems of the characters are those exact reasons.

The main characters of this book,understood each other and always found a solution to their problems(except one)and they didn't complain even once about their situation.Their dialogues had a strange effect on me as it made laugh,cry,sometimes angry and even conused.The plot was original and it had a nice flow,as well.I totally recommend this book to everyone but especially to those who love romance.

Favourite lines:

"Thank you,” she said.

He looked bemused. “For what?”

“For everything. For being amazing in bed and endlessly patient, for sacrificing … for me and bringing me all the way around the world simply because you were worried about me, even though it meant you were probably going to spend your holidays alone. For the way you always put your hand on the small of my back to guide me across the street and the way you let me be in charge of the television remote control and the way you have never, not once, judged me or mistrusted me or made me feel small or unwanted.”

“Violet, sweetheart…” He blinked and she realized that he was close to tears.

Her Martin. Mr. Uptight. Mr. Repressed.
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0