Review: Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (Montlake Suspense Series #2) by Cynthia Eden

Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:34 PM
0
Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (Montlake Suspense Series #2)

By Cynthia Eden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fav Quote:


“The way I feel about you—it’s wild and it’s dark. I want you with me all the time. I want your body, your heart. I want you to need me as much as I need you.”

Once upon a time Lauren and Anthony worked together to bring down the Bayou Butcher. Lauren prosecuted the case while Anthony helped catch the killer. But all they while, they had an affair which ended by Anthony leaving town.

Fear for Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher starts five years later when the Bayou Butcher escapes from prison and wants revenge from the people who put him away, Lauren and Anthony. Now the time has come for them to work together in order to catch the killer yet again. But this time the kills are more personal than before. The killer wants Lauren dead and Anthony would rather kill him before letting anything happen to her...

Cynthia Eden's book are brilliant and Fear for Me is not an exception.

This book was full of suspense, romance, twists, surprises and more. It gripped my attention from page 1 till the end. Every time I turned a page I wasn't sure what would happen. There were sooooooooo many twists and turns! Moreover, as I kept turning the pages I began doubting everyone. There was a point that I suspected everyone.

However the book has romance as well. I really liked Anthony’s character. He was my favourite part of the book. So dark yet so loving, edgy but so protective. Alpha male all the way! He was a tortured man. Obsessed with a woman who was his salvation and his doom. Anthony was a character I adored.

"Love could be twisted for some…And love could be dark and dangerous and perfect for others." 

All in all, this was an incredible book. Definitely worth reading and necessary for every shelf. It had all the things that make a book perfect and an Alpha male. Can we ask for more? I think not.

Totally recommended! Looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter ...

*This book is part of a series. It can be read as a stand-alone but it would be better if you could read the first book in the series before reading this.

Synopsis

She’s the obsession two men share: one wants her love, the other wants her life.

A shared passion for justice first brought Baton Rouge district attorney Lauren Chandler and US marshal Anthony Ross together—when each played their part in bringing down the infamous Bayou Butcher. The sparks flying between the two made it clear they weren’t just a legal dream team. Then desire had to make way for duty, and what they had was done. But it would never be over.

Five years later, it’s none other than the Butcher who gets things started again, when his shocking jailbreak reunites the lawyer and the lawman…and reignites their love. But this time, the pair is in danger of being permanently parted—by a killer with revenge on his mind, and Lauren on the top of his list. As a new wave of terror sweeps through the streets and swamps of Baton Rouge, one man will pit his boundless passion against another’s relentless hate, for the life of the woman who obsesses them both.
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0