Review: Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3) by Nalini Singh

Posted on Monday, December 15, 2014 2:54 PM
0
Title: Archangel's Consort
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter #3

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo
Nalini Singh steps back into the shadows of her heartbreakingly original world where angels rule, vampires serve, and the innocent can pay the greatest price of all ...Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil ...A vampire has attacked a girls' school - the assault one of sheer, vicious madness - and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders. The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear. An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed ...
“Our memories make us... even the darkest of them all.”
Well this book wasn’t for me!

After finishing Archangel’s kiss, I expected this book to be about one of the seven but what we got was another Raphael and Elena book. It’s not that I don’t want to read more about them but I think that three books in a row about them is too much. Despite that, I really tried to get into the story but I just couldn’t. I felt like there was no plot and even if there was, it was progressing very slowly.

From the beginning of the book it ws clear who was the cause of the crimes. Drama, drama and more drama.

What I did enjoy was the changes in Raphael and Elena's relationship. Although, the book was too sweet for me, I did notice that their relationship had changed (for the better). They were more aware of each other and I guess that the more time you spend with someone, the more attached you become.

Dmitri and Illium, of course, were an integral part of the book. The only reason I didn’t dnf-ed the book was them. It was so invigorating reading about them. I’m so curious about Dmitri’s past. What happened to him? What made him the man he is now? I hope that both Dmitri and Illium get their own story!

Wondering who’s good enough for Illium though…
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0