Review: Royally Screwed (Royally #1) by Emma Chase

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:07 PM
0
Title: Royally Screwed
Author: Emma Chase
Series: Royally #1

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo

Stars: 5 Royal Stars
Nicholas Arthur Frederick Edward Pembrook, Crowned Prince of Wessco, aka His Royal Hotness, is wickedly charming, devastatingly handsome, and unabashedly arrogant; hard not to be when people are constantly bowing down to you.

Then, one snowy night in Manhattan, the prince meets a dark haired beauty who doesn't bow down. Instead, she throws a pie in his face.
Nicholas wants to find out if she tastes as good as her pie, and this heir apparent is used to getting what he wants.

Dating a prince isn't what waitress Olivia Hammond ever imagined it would be.
There's a disapproving queen, a wildly inappropriate spare heir, relentless paparazzi, and brutal public scrutiny. While they've traded in horse drawn carriages for Rolls Royces, and haven't chopped anyone's head off lately, the royals are far from accepting of this commoner.

But to Olivia, Nicholas is worth it.
Nicholas grew up with the whole world watching, and now Marriage Watch is in full force. In the end, Nicholas has to decide who he is and, more importantly, who he wants to be: a King... or the man who gets to love Olivia forever.
!!!THIS.BOOK.WAS.EPIC.AND.THEN.SOME!!!
Well, I don't know where to start. Everything, and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G was perfectly written in this book!! The characters were so distinguished from one another, each one of them had a personality feature to make them special and not once did I spot any out of character moments. Every single scene was also special and there weren't any repetitions. I, personally, don't like daily routine kind of scenes, cause I get "royally" bored *wink*, so the fact that I didn't read any of those scenes in this book, is a BIG win my book!! And I should probably not talk about the dialogues, because I won't stop. There was lots of humor, flirtation, witty comebacks, adorableness and of course wisdom in them! In other words, I more than enjoyed the interractions between the characters!!
So, the story begings with Nicholas and his friend Simon entering Olivia's Cafe. Nicholas is drunk for reasons and reasons, and long story short, nothing good ever comes out of being drunk,
“You want to pay me ten thousand dollars to have sex with you?”

“More than once and in a dozen different positions. I could” —he makes air quotes— “‘woo’ you, but that takes time.” He taps his watch. A Rolex, diamonds and platinum—easily $130,000. “And I’m pathetically short on time these days.”

I snort, getting over the shock. “I’m not sleeping with you for money.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’m not a prostitute.”
Nicholas, being the noble, sincere guy that he is, wants to make it up on Olivia and asks her out. So, who in her right mind wouldn't want to go on a date with a handsome prince?!
Apparently, Olivia!
“Would you like to have coffee sometime, Olivia? With me?”

It’s been years since I’ve asked a woman out on a real date. It’s strange — exhilarating and nerve-racking at the same time.

“I don’t like coffee. Never touch the stuff.”

My eyes roll over the room. “You work in a coffee house.”

“Exactly.”
The prince's charm is a lot more powerful than Olivia thought, though.
“Are you trying to be cute?”

“No. I don’t have to try…it just sort of happens.”
It doesn't take long before they both develop strong feelings for each other, which is good and bad at the same time! Good, because they're perfect for each other obviously. Bad, because every prince is duty bound! Nicholas finds himself trying to get out of whatever keeps him bound and away from Olivia, but it's not as easy as it looks!
“I don’t like it here, Nicholas.”

His brows pinch, like he’s in pain. “I know. I never should have brought you here. It’s the most selfish thing I’ve ever done. But… I can’t be sorry for it. Because you have come to mean everything to me.”
I'm gonna take a minute here and talk about Henry. He's absolutely the perfect baby brother for Nicholas! He's a troublemaker, diobedient, restless, CUTE and hilarious. Although, his love and admiration for Nicholas is what makes us like him the most!!
I don't think I need to say more about how magical and captivating Royally Screwed is. Emma Chase has done an amazing job writing it and there's no doubt in my mind that whoever reads it, is going to be satisfied and left wanting more.!!

My Dream Cast:


Sofia+Melina
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0