Lover At Last By J.R.Ward

Posted on Friday, April 12, 2013 1:59 PM
0

Lover At Last  (Black Dagger Brotherhood #11)

By J.R. Ward

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



"You've always had me....and my heart.My soul.Everything.I wish it hadn't taken this long for me to man up."


I was very disappointed!

When I found out that there was going to be a book about Qhuinn and Blay, I was over the moon.But then Layla ruined it all.Ok it wasn't only her "fault" but let's face it if it wasn't for her, the book would have been a lot shorter...

I'm going to start with what I didn't like (because there weren't much that I actualy did like).First and foremost, the baby plot.I just hated it.I really tried to like Layla (I did) but I just couldn't.It occured to me that almost the whole book (not the whole but the 79% of it) had to do with her.She even had her own POV.Really???Oh,yeah! As if that weren't enough, Qhuinn was constantly worried over her welfare and so was Blay as well.And let's not talk about Xcor. Poor poor Xcor.He had so much potential....(ts ts ts).Almost all Xcor POVs had to do with her.As it seems Layla will probably play an integral role for the books to come....Poor us!

Mooving on!The side stories of this book just seemed really unnecessary.What I'm trying to say is that, while on previous books the side stories were somehow relevant and connected to the main story in this book I felt that they could be ommited.Every time I would move to the next chapter and saw Layla or Xcor or Assail or Sola or Tres I was beyond frustrated.I just don't care!!!

Another thing that I din't like was the lack of a bond between the two main characters.There wasn't even a single scene that I felt them connect (well,except the epilogue).Oh,and the lack of emotions.Hated this.

What I liked:Not many things.However, there were some scenes (very few) that the two main characters felt so real.Like trully themselves,as we have seen them in the previous books.That's the only thing that I liked.

All in all, I was very disappointed!I just believe that the author could have "invested" so much more to this book.But this is my opinion.So, if you have read the previous books,do give this book a try!!!!

Blurb:

Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....

Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young—just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.

Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.

Also, later today I'll post a review of Breaking Her Rules (Red Stone Security, #6) by Katie Reus .
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0