Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Posted on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:05 PM
1

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2)

By Jamie McGuire

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



“One of these days you’re going to fall in love, son. Don’t settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn’t come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never.”

Definitely a must read!I was waiting for this book so impatiently and I can't believe that I just read it.I really really loved this book.It was so incredible reading Travi's POV but simultaneously knowing Abby's.

So,before reading this book make sure you have read Beautiful Disaster,the first book, which is written from  Abby's POV.Reading Abby's POV first,is a requirement.

To begin with,I finally understand why Travis acted out the way he did in Beautiful Disaster.When I read the book from Abby's POV, I couldn't decide whether I loved or hated him neither could I understand why Travis over reacted in some occasions.But having read the book from his POV I definitely get it.However that doesn't mean that I approve some of his actions.For one,I know that everyone has flaws but getting drunk when you don't want to deal with your problems annoys me so much.Another thing that occured to me whille reading this book, was Abby's conduct.She was so frustrating.She went from hot to cold in a matter of a second.Such an indecisive girl(ts ts ts). I can completly understand Travis for being confused....

Oh...Did I mention that there are extra scenes?Oh yeah!I for once really enjoyed them.Especially the epilogue.I actually loved the epilogue since we didn't get one inBeautiful Disaster.However the book is somewhat fast paced and some scenes from the first book are repeated(rewritten from Travis's POV),not that I mind and nor will you,I think.

In my opinion,if you have read Beautiful Disaster,Abby's POV, you should absolutely read Walking Disaster,Travis's POV, as well.If you haven't read either I recommend that you do.There are both worth reading books.

Blurb:

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

  1. Well, this book has been getting a lot of conflict and I am still not sure whether to read this series or not
    GREAT review, though
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0