Review: Rogue (Real #4) by Katy Evans

Posted on Friday, August 22, 2014 1:45 PM
0
Title: Rogue
Author: Katy Evans
Series: Real #4

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo

Greyson King...
My boyfriend. My friend. My protector. He's the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face, and the reason I fall asleep limp, worn out, and aching for his warm arms around me. When we make love, he says my name like it means something. Like I mean something.
He
Lied.
His name is Greyson King, but his alias is Zero.
There's zero trace of him, he has zero past, and now I know that with him, I will have zero future.
He may leave no trace of him anywhere, but his imprint is in me, in my very soul--and I hate that a mere look at him commands the beat of my heart. The temperature of my body.
I've looked for love my entire life. I've waited for the butterflies, the rainbows...
Instead I'm in a free fall of emotions and there's no one to catch me but the one man I should be running away from. The one man I thought was my prince charming.
Except this prince charming went rogue.
Greyson will stop at nothing to make me be with him. He'll let no one stand in our way, will allow no one to threaten me, and maybe this is what scares me most of all...
What will my rogue do to keep me?

“You may be zero in your world…but you’re everything to me.”

Rogue is the fourth book in the Real series by Katy Evans.

I'll start by saying that since I've read and totally enjoyed the previous books in the series, I expected the same to apply and here. But yeah, far from it.

For me Rogue wasn't that bad of a book, I really did like it, but it was far from what I had imagined and that disappointed me.

Rogue tells the story of Melanie, Brooke's bff. Melanie is the most optimistic person you'll ever meet. She's always positive, cheerful and always searching for the one thing she can't have, her one true love, her soulmate. But searching her soulmate isn't as easy as one would think. Until him.

Enter Greyson King. Greyson is far from what Melanie is looking for, dangerous, dark and a man with a past full of secrets. What Melanie doesn't know though is that Greyson is collecting unpaid debts

for the Underground fights on behalf of his father. Greyson may not have wanted the job but if he wants answers then he'll have to take it. His life has always been ruled by his father's decisions, even now, but things are about to change.

Greyson has a deal with his father. Collect all the debts owned to him and in exchange get his mother. His relationship with Melanie is something new for him but he wants to make it work. Because with her he may have found something he never knew, love.

Rogue was an enjoyable book. I liked both Greyson and Melanie, I just didn't love them. They were both so imperfect and troubled but together they managed to find what they both were looking for. Although, there was much drama, little action and lots of romance the author managed to give the story some suspense as well (which I totally loved).

I'm going to keep it short and just say that althought I wasn't very impressed by the book, and if you have read the previous books in the series, then you should definitely give it a try.

Note: Rogue can totally be read as a stand alone!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0