Review: Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec

Posted on Monday, September 28, 2015 8:05 PM
0
Title: Fisher's Light
Author: Tara Sivec
Series: None

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo

Fisher,
I guess this is it, huh? After fourteen years together, starting a life of our own on this island, five deployments and countless letters I’ve written you through it all, I finally go out to the mailbox and see something I’ve always dreamed of: an envelope with your handwriting on it. For one moment, I actually thought you’d changed your mind, that all the awful things you said to me were just your way of coping after everything you’d been through. I was still here, Fisher. I was still here, holding my breath, waiting for you to come back even though you told me you never would. You always said you’d find your way back to me. Out of all the lies you’ve told me, this one hurts the most.

Enclosed you will find the signed divorce papers, as requested.
I hope you find what you’re looking for. I’m sorry it wasn’t me.
Lucy

To get the ending they want, Lucy and Fisher will have to go back to the beginning. Through the good and the bad, they’ll be reminded of why they always made their way back to each other, and why this time, one way or another, it will be the last time.
My very first Tara Sivec book and I loved it.

Lucy and Fisher have been married for 14 years. They were high school sweethearts, each other’s first lovers and first everything. The love they shared was one of a kind. But in the 14 span and after 5 tours of duty for his country, Lucy and Fisher are no longer the people they used to be. More accurately, fisher is no longer the person he used to be, he has changed and not in a good way. Every time he came back after a tour, Fisher lost more and more pieces of himself and though she tried to help him, he always refused. Fisher finally erupted!

When I started reading Fisher and Lucy’s story I was so mad at both of them, Fisher for treating Lucy so horrible and thinking he was protecting her and Lucy for enduring his behavior. As I kept going, everything became clearer, Fisher was pushing her away to protect her from his rage and Lucy stayed because she had to help him heal. After 14 years of marriage they were still in love despite their problems.

Fisher’s light was a heartbreaking and yet breathtaking story. Fisher didn’t handle the situation as he should have and thus broke Lucy’s heart and their marriage. Lucy has done everything she could to make her marriage better. She endured loneliness, heartache and may insults. In her thirties she runs her own business, she’s independent and she’s no longer the woman Fisher left.

This book was brilliant. We follow Fisher and Lucy on their journey to heal their hearts and have a second chance in love but we also get to see glimpses of their past, we get to see how they met, how they fell in love, how they lived. But the book is focused on the present and their struggle to move one from the past and fix their mistakes.

Fisher and Lucy’s story was truly magnificent, full of heartache, emotion, inspiring, a second chance in love and a powerful bond. I’m so thankful I read it, it had been sitting in my tbr shelf for a while.

If you are in the mood for a good romance and a second chance in love then this book is for you. 
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0