Anna Dressed In Blood By Kendare Blake

Posted on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 7:45 PM
3

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1)

By Kendare Blake

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




It's the first book I read by Kendare Blake and I have to say that it wasn't what I thought it would be.Before reading it I thought that we would see a relationship developing between Anna and Cas or at least something romantic.But there were nothing to indicate that something was going on between them.

After their first acquaintance the story progresses very fast.Anna is evil and one chapter after she is like an angel,like nothing ever happend,like she didn't kill anyone.(I have to add though,that the way she died was really cruel.)In the first four or five chapters she is bound inside the house and then magically she can roam everywhere but she doesn't because she wants to pubish herself for all the people she killed.What???Really???She was murdered in that house and later she was bound to it and couldn't even step outside the porch and when Cas removed the spell that bound her to the house she is like"No I don't deserve to leave this house,I know that I was murdered here but I killed people and now I'm sooooo evil"Come on guys!!!Let's think of it.You are brutally murdered in a house and then you can't leave from there and then someone comes and tells you"You are free".What do you do???Definatelly leave as far as possible.And as for the love part...there was none.You don't feel it because neither do Cas nor Anna.He learns that he has feeling for her when his friend mentions it.Really???They barely talk throughout the book and they also only kiss two or three times.So,let's not talk about Anna's feelings because we scarcely get a picture of Cas feelings.

The only reason I'm giving this book 3 stars is because of the secondary charactes.I just adore them!!!!I can't say that I enjoyed Anna Dressed in Blood but it wasn't so bad either.So,am I looking forward to reading Girl of Nightmares(the sequel)???Not so much,but I think I'll give it a try!!!! 

Blurb:
Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one. It was interesting and refreshing for me. I've been reading about fallen angels too much and it gets tiring after a while.
    Great review!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog too, I'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniela!!!It was the first time I read something like this book.I didn't exactly love it but for a first it was ok!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0