Bloodspell By Amelie Howard

Posted on Monday, July 30, 2012 8:39 PM
8

Bloodspell  (Bloodspell #1)

By Amalie Howard

My rating: 5 of 5 stars




'Love is a breeding ground for betrayal. Guard against it.”-Christian

Bloodspell is the first book I read by Amalie Howard.I really liked this book.I liked the fact that Victoria was so independent and I also liked Leto,the cat that made her see that not everything was lost.

Victoria Warrick likes to have controlof things but being on the verge of graduationand finding out about the powers she possesses,which she cannot always control,isn't her cup of tea.And on top of all,meeting Christian Devereux and learning that a relationship between them cannot be sustained is the tip of the iceberg.

I loved both the main and the secondary characters.They were all used throughout the book.What I mean is that in many books,the main characters get the majority of the book while the secondary ones are just mentioned so as the reader not to ger bored.

I'm so into vampires this period(who am I kidding???Love them) and it was so invigorating reading a book that combined both vampires and witches.

I definitely recommend Bloodspell and I'm looking forward to reading Bloodcraft.


Blurb:

The spell was simple...

Cruentus Protectum (Defend the Blood)

But what do you do if your blood is your enemy?

Victoria Warrick has always known she was different. An outcast at school, she is no stranger to adversity. But when she receives an old journal for her seventeenth birthday, nothing prepares her for the dark secrets it holds -- much less one that reveals she's a witch with unimaginable power.

What's more, when she meets the dazzling but enigmatic Christian Devereux, she has no idea how much her life is about to change. Enemies will hunt her. Friends will turn on her. The terrible curse that makes her blood run black will stop at nothing to control her. And Christian has a sinister secret of his own...

Without knowing whom to trust, can Victoria survive her blood's deadly desires? Or will she lose everything, including herself?
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

8 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting!
    Follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is.You should definitely give it a try!!!

      Delete
  2. i found some neat vampire academy art. wanted to send you the link. but don't know how. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, cool book! The cover looks perrty too *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you shouln't read a book because the cover looks good but in my situation I did just that!!!I totally like it...

      Delete

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0