Review: Having My Baby by Theresa Ragan

Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:51 PM
0
Having My Baby

By Theresa Ragan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Fav Quote:

"Mr. Baylor, have you ever met either of these women?”

“No. Never.”

“You’re making the ladies nervous, and truthfully, you’ve got me wondering too—what is your business with this woman?”

“She’s having my baby.”


All Jill Garrison ever wanted was to become a mother. Unfortunately, her fiancé can't have children so when he leaves her at the alter Jill can't but speed up her dream. And so she does. Finding a company is easy, but having a real baby isn't as easy as she thought..

Derrick Baylor has always been in love with Maggie. But before he could do anything, his brother "got" her. Now Maggie is Aaron's and all Derrick can do, is watch the happy couple. That is, until he gets a letter from CryoCorp (the sperm company) that informs him that his sperm has been used. Derrick is beyond shocked but at the same time determined to find the woman who might be carring his child...

I really reallly liked this book. This is the first book I read by Theresa Ragan and I was very impressed. It was refreshing and very well-written. I liked the plot, and I liked how the story seemed to unfold after Jill and Derrick's initial shock. What I liked the best, though, was the secondary characters. Dereck's brothers: Aaron, Connor, Cliff, Jake, Brad, Garreta and Lucas and his two sisters Rachel and Zoey. They were all so developed and I loved the warmth the conveyed to us. I loved his brothers so soooooooooooo much!!! They had humor, they had manners and above all they behaved liked gentlemen.

Moreover, I liked Jill's best friend Sandy and her daughter Lexi, she was ADORABLE. I had so fun reading the scenes she was part of. She was such a sweet little girl. Sandy played a mayor role in the story as well. She was a strong character but had flaws, a fact I absolutely liked and so did Connor (*sighs*)...

“If I give you more ice cream, Ken, then will you go back on vacation and stop asking me to marry you?”

“Yes,”

“It’s a deal."


All in all, it's a worth reading book and I totally recommend it.

She loved Derrick Baylor. She loved him more than mere words could ever express.

And if there was one thing she knew in that moment, it was that sometimes actions really did speak louder than words.

                                Synopsis

Growing up, Jill Garrison never daydreamed about having the perfect wedding. Instead, she dreamt about having a baby. Boy or girl, it didn't matter. Unfortunately, her fiancé can't have children. Determined to realize her lifelong dream of having a baby, Jill spends years searching for a company (CryoCorp) that provides high quality donor sperm. Everything is right in Jill's world until her wedding day when her fiancé leaves her at the altar to be humiliated before friends and family. She doesn't waste any time moving from New York City to California to start over. And she keeps her appointment with Cryocorp. She may never have the wedding or the husband, but nothing is going to stop her from having a baby. She's tired of everyone telling her what to do. The baby she's carrying is hers and hers alone. Nobody can take that away from her.

Or can they?
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0