Review: Reasonable Doubt Full Series (Reasonable Doubt #1-3) by Whitney Gracia Williams

Posted on Friday, September 26, 2014 1:11 PM
0
Title: Reasonable Doubt Full Series
Author: Whitney Gracia Williams
Series: Reasonable Doubt #1-3

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

My cock has an appetite.

A huge and very particular appetite: Blonde, curvy, and preferably not a fucking liar...(Although, that's a story for another day.) As a high profile lawyer, I don't have time to waste on relationships, so I fulfill my needs by anonymously chatting and sleeping with women I meet online.

My rules are simple: One dinner. One night. No repeats.

This is only casual sex. Nothing more. Nothing less.

At least it was, until "Alyssa"...She was supposed to be a 27 year old lawyer, a book hoarder, and completely unattractive. She was supposed to be someone I shared law advice with late at night, someone I could trust with details of my weekly escapades.

But then she came into my firm for an interview--a college-intern interview, and everything fucking changed...

*SERIES REVIEW*

“I believe you and I are currently in an unfortunate web of deceit.”

Andrew Hamilton hates lies. Being a successful lawyer and a man that no body denies ever anything, Andrew is anything but honest himself. The last few years he's dedicated to his career, never seeking something more for himself than meaningless one-night stands. His only goal is to satisfy his needs (and his partner's) and if he can avoid the drama, even better.

Enter Aubrey Everhart (aka Alysa). Aubrey is a woman who is trying to balance her life between satisfying her parent's dreams and her own. All Aubrey ever wanted was to become a professional ballarina. All her parents ever wanted for her was to become a lawyer. So between struggling to fulfil both dreams, Aubrey needs some help. And who better help an upcoming lawyer than a successful layer.

Andrew and Aubrey first meet online. Aubrey needs help with her assignment while Andrew seeks the flavor of the night. He immediately becomes intrigued with her as she's the only woman who refuses him so fiercely. The more they interact the more attached they become. But when Aubrey and Audrew finally meet, their lies catch up to them...

This series was something new for me. I don't usually read series like this one but it was totally worth it. The story had a nice flow, which was the factor that worried me the most. Each book continues the story of the first book and cannot stand alone (or read as unique). In other words, the series contains three books that complete one story (it's not an actuall series but a story cut in three parts).

The main characters had quite a chemistry. Their physical attraction was hot, hot, hot. I really liked Aubrey becasue she makes it clear from the very beginning that she just doesn't do the one night thing. Andrew one the other hand, was a man who didn't know what he desired. Really! He made it clear that he hated lies when he himself was a total lie and he tried so hard to convince Aubrey that their "relationship" was nothing to him and she only gets one night when in the end he was the one running after her. I don't know, he completely confused me. Until I read book 3. Book 3 makes everything clearer.

While you read the first two books, you will often ask yourself why is this man the way he is and what happened to him to make him like this?! Well, since the last book is already out, you won't have to wait to get your answer. I guess sometimes the truth is really hard.

Reasonable doubt was a nice great series. I may not have loved Andrew but I definitely understood the reasons he acted as he did and I think that he was very strong to have survived something so dramatic. Despite everything though, I loved the writing and the way the author chose to present to us Andrew and Aubrey's story!!

Highly recommended!!!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0