Review: Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1) by Nalini Singh

Posted on Friday, November 28, 2014 4:30 PM
0
Title: Angels' Blood
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter #1

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she is the best- but she does not know if even she is good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, Elena knows failure is not an option—even if the task is impossible.
Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other—and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt does not destroy her, succumbing to Raphael’s seductive touch just might. For when archangels play, mortals break.
“How long have you been with Raphael?”
“You ask a lot of questions for a dead woman.”
“What can I say? I prefer to die well-informed.”
-Venom and Elena”
I’ve been a fan of Nalini’s for so long and yet I was so afraid to begin this series. I’m in love with Nalini’s Psy/ changeling series and I thought if I read and hated this series then I’d stop reading any book by the author. But none of this thankfully happened. I can’t say that I loved this series as much as I do the Psy/ Changeling or the Rock Kiss series but I definitely enjoyed it.

I’ve read a few books about angels and every book describes them differently. Nalini’s angels were no different. Nalini has created this whole new world. Her angels were unique. They were human-like, very sexual creatures but they were also dark and sometimes even evil, they ruled the world. The angels were at the very top of the pyramid, while the vampires followed and at the bottom were the humans. If you actually consider it, it makes sense. The angels were always high up the sky, the humans were down to the earth while the vampires were in between. Not quite humans but not angels either.

Raphael, the archangel of New York, is in need of the best vampire hunter. So, who’s better to do the job than Elena, a hunter with the ability to sense vampires? I really liked Elena. She was independent, strong, a survivor but above everything else she had a great sense of humor. She was very dedicated to her job and determined to see it through. On the other hand, Raphael was ruthless and as a member of the Cadre (a group of ten powerful archangels who ruled the world) he had to be. When he met Elena for the first time, he wasn’t sure whether to keep her or kill her. But somehow he fell for her. All Raphael saw in Elena was a strong warrior and a woman who hid behind a mask. A mask that Raphael wanted to remove. He wanted to see the real Elena, the person she never let anyone see.

I loved this couple.

The author managed to take their attraction to the next level and show us what they can become. They were so many twists and turns and the end was an unexpected one. I never saw it coming. Thankfully the second book is already out so we don’t have to wait to see what’s going to happen next.

Totally recommended!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0