Review: Scorched (Frigid #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Posted on Monday, July 27, 2015 4:39 PM
2
Title: Scorched
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Frigid #2

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo
Sometimes life leaves a mark…
Most days, Andrea doesn’t know whether she wants to kiss Tanner or punch him in the gut. He is seriously hot, with legit bedroom eyes and that firefighter body of his, but he’s a major player, and they can’t get along for more than a handful of minutes. Until now.
Tanner knows he and Andrea have had an epic love/hate relationship for as long as he can remember, but he wants more love than hate from her. He wants her. Now. Tomorrow. But the more he gets to know her, the more it becomes obvious that Andrea has a problem. She’s teetering on the edge and every time he tries to catch her, she slips through his fingers.
Andrea’s life is spiraling out of control, and it doesn’t matter that Tanner wants to save her, because when everything falls apart and she’s speeding toward rock bottom, only she can save herself.
Sometimes life makes you work for that happily ever after…
I’m a huge JLA fan so when I found out that Frigid, Kyler and Syd’s story, was getting a sequel I was over the moon.

Tanner is seriously hot but a major player. Currently helping out in the firefighter station and planning on becoming a police man, Tanner has his future sorted out. The only thing that he can’t figure out is the redhead little devil that won’t stop challenging him.

Andrea is in desperate need of help but she doesn’t know it. How? She has convinced herself that she’s a normal girl who sometimes has too much in her plate, too much to drink, too many sleeping pills, too many issues. Her life is getting out of control and she’s barely holding on.

When Kyler and Syd persuade them to take a trip to a cabin in the mountains, Tanner and Andrea will finally get to know each other. There were really so many things they didn’t know about each other. Truth be told, I too judged Andrea in the beginning but the more I learned about her the more I liked her. One would never see someone like Andrea and assume that something is wrong but I guess we shouldn’t judge other when we know nothing about them.

Tanner and Andrea had the enemies to lovers type of relationship and that means epic chemistry! They were such an amazing couple. I loved the way Tanner was always there for her even when it was too late to help he was still there. There are actually many things I loved about the book: firstly, the cover is incredible, we have an imperfect heroine who struggles with her life and I loved that in the end it was Andrea who saved herself and not someone else e.g. Tanner. Of course she had the help of her family, Tanner and her friends.

Scorched has a bit of everything going on. It was emotional and dealt with a serious subject matter but it was also funny at times and it has a great romance or two (there were a couple of scenes with Kyler and Syd). I’m so glad that we got to see them all.

Although, Scorched is the sequel to Frigid, it can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend reading Frigid too. You won’t be disappointed.

Totally recommended!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet but I love JLA so I can't wait to start it sounds amazing! I've also nominated you for a Book Combo tag, check out the rules here:
    http://lessrealitymorebooks.blogspot.ie/2015/07/the-book-combo-tag-i-was-tagged-by.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only read one JLA book so far but I actually really liked it. I am glad to see you that you were able to keep enjoying this series as well. Isn't the cover so beautiful?

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0